Saturday, March 19, 2011

Louis - Japan Quake

As both VitaPanda nurse their wounds after Tokyo Marathon, the earthquake strike. Being actually in Tokyo a week before the earthquake, I am able to relate more with this natural disaster. And yes, watching boats, houses, cars, anything really getting destroy by the tsunami give you a sense of how destructive water is. It is the same reason why I turned around on one of the hike last year because the water crossing wasn't safe. This incident did not help me a bit as I am struggling to get my life back in order. I have been having rough patches here and there and I have been trying to deal with them. But in all honesty, as much as I struggle with my issues, they have nothing on the people who lost family members and their possessions. I told myself to suck it up and learn from the Japanese. Which I did.

I initially made a small donation to the American Red Cross, then I realized Vita Panda Kevin fund raise for the Japan Earthquake relief by selling all the snacks he bought from Tokyo, then match that amount himself. Kevin ended up fundraising over $540 and he is going to match $500.

Having coming back from the trip, both of us are basically broke (out of the 4x that I been to Japan, I spent the most this time). As much as I try to save money, I am inspired by Kevin's action, so this morning I wired transfer $500 to the Japan Red Cross as well. Vitapanda is not just about doing Ironman and Ultra Marathon. It's about supporting each other (and everybody), thru good and bad times.

Good Job Louis, now you are $500 down. But at least I still have a job, have a roof under my head, and no one I know died. My 'saving' delay has nothing on those other people who lost everything. I cannot heal their mental wound, but at least I can help them with some food and help them get their feet back up. I love Japan, and the people over there are super nice. It is time for me to put a smile on their faces. This is the least I can do for them. And sometime you just need to do what you believe.

Please do your Best Japan. Fight do Fight do!

Beside, I got a lot of Team In Training donation for my birthday and I am very thankful for that. Everyone has been so supportive to me thru out the year so I am just giving back to the community... our international community.

Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment