Monday, December 6, 2010

The Coming of VitaPanda

Back in the Aug 2003 I bought my Subaru Impreza WRX Station Wagon. Naturally I wanted to know more Subaru people so I started going to Subaru meet. After a few meets I befriended Kevin who also drives an Impreza WRX Wagon.

my 227 horsepower WRX!!!

Sometime down the line we ran the Chinatown Firecracker 10K, then a 10 miles run. Next thing I knew I was climbing mountain and Kevin was doing triathlon. I remember seeing him at his first Olympic distance triathlon and I thought he was crazy.

Feb 2007 - Chinatown Firecracker 10K

In 2008 I joined Team In Training and ran LA Marathon as my first marathon. Kevin and I ended up running the San Diego Marathon together. Well not literally together because he finished 1 1/2 hour before than me. Luckily I had the car key.

San Diego Marathon 2008

Fast forward to 2010. I am now a 3 times Ironman and Kevin ran a few ultra distance events. As both of us were planning our 2011 races we realized both of us are doing an endurance event on the weekend of June 25, 2011. Kevin is doing The Western States Endurance Race (A 100 miles trail run) and I am doing Ironman Coeur d' Alene myself (swim 2.4mi, bike 112mi, run 26.2mi).

Aug 2010 - Kevin at Bull Dog 50K

Nov 2010 - me at Ironman Arizona

We thought it will be fun to put our training in one blog so we created VitaPanda.

Vita stands for Vitasoy because we think this product represents Hong Kong. Well, we can use something else like Lee Kum Kee but that sounds kind of salty so we dropped that idea.

Vitasoy - yes... we still drink it!

As for Panda? Initially we wanted to say Coyotes because both of us belong to Jimmy's Scal Coyotes. However we wanted something more original so we picked Panda. Panda = Chinese... get it?

This blog is about all about eating, swimming, biking, running, and training. It's going to be an awesome 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment